Welcome back, Stormanites! Some people celebrate Christmas in July – for us, it seemed as good a reason as any for a shiny new Storman Cloud release! We’re celebrating with another round of features and improvements. As always, if you’d like to view our full release notes, you can find them via our support portal – go check it out!
Here’s a quick run-down of some of the latest and greatest in Storman Cloud. Read on to learn more!
Important: two new permissions.
We have added two new permissions into Storman Cloud, these are:
- The ability to delete tasks
- The ability to delete customer attachments and documents
As with all permissions, these are OFF by default. If you have users that need to be able to delete these items, you will need to modify their user role and give them each of the permissions.
Bulk payments just got better.
Everyone’s favourite way of adding bulk payments just got even better. We have made a number of improvements to make things quicker and easier for you, including:
- It is no longer possible to accidentally close the bulk payment adder by clicking outside the popup window
- Pressing the escape key (ESC) on your keyboard will no longer close the popup window
- If you click the cancel button without adding your payments, we will give you a warning – just in case you didn’t mean to!
Create tasks from Quick Links!
Adding new tasks is now easier than ever, and can be done from the Quick links menu.
Using a softphone or VOIP? Click to call customer phone numbers!
Are you using a VOIP or softphone system to ring your customers instead of a physical handset? If so, we have something that might help!
Next to all phone numbers in customers and leads we can display a click-to-call button. When clicked, this will open the default phone software on your computer and start calling the customer – saving you time!
To enable this, go into your facility system settings, under the Integration > Other tabs, and tick the ‘Show click to call button’ box.
Complete a Storman Move-in signup directly from Storman Cloud.
If you are using Storman (online) MoveIns to either signup customers from home or via an iPad/tablet, we have a new shortcut inside Storman Cloud that you may find helpful. Click here to read all about it!
- Units that are of the status “OnSite” can now be selected and added to reservations and when converting leads to reservations.
- We have added a new button next to the notifications bell, to make it easier for you (our users) to give us feedback.
- When changing an agreement’s day to bill, or billing plan, if the agreement has a scheduled rent increase we will now display a warning advising you to double check that this rent increase still aligns with the new billing plan and/or date to bill.
- The length, size, and width of units and unit types can now go to two decimal places; eg 0.03cm x 0.04cm x 0.04cm – for those facilities that have really small units 🙂